Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daddy Blues

            I often look at my son and wonder, “How can I help him be a better man than I am?”.  Being a father/daddy can be one of life's most challenging duties.  Unlike mothers, men struggle with the ability to give unconditionally.  It is in our blood to be selfish and protective.  You don’t believe me?  How many times have you hid food from your child?  Or how many times have you turned to your favorite show, knowing that your child would much rather watch Noggin? Yes, we are selfish.
            The dilemma is trying to help teach our sons how to be giving, caring and willing to love unconditionlly.  What tools can I give my son that will help him avoid the numerous mistakes I've made?  How can I instill in him habits that I’ve never really been able to form?  When the tables are turned and he’s looking at his son, will he be proud of the reflection he sees?  Daddy’s blues are unique and like none other.  It takes honesty of who we are not in order to teach our sons of who to be.  Maybe it’s Just Me, or do you have Daddy’s Blues?
Just Me....

No comments:

Post a Comment