Sunday, May 15, 2011

Memories For Success

"Memories of the past can become visions for the future"-

Some of my best childhood memories include daily purchases from the ice cream truck; playing hide and seek, playing nintendo running pad, taking swimming lessons, and playing school with my sister Toni  and anyone else unfortunate enough to come by the house when she felt like teaching.
I didn't know it then, but she was practicing for what she would become.  She is now a Principal and has been in educator for 12 years.
If we all were to look back at our childhood memories we could probably find something useful for helping us achieve our goals.  Maybe its an old game that we used to play or a dance lesson we took that could've lead to a career.  It can even be a painful memory that can be used to motivate us to write a book, or simply to live life better.
Don't allow those precious memories to go to waste.  Your million dollar idea could be lying in one of them.  Childhood memories are fun to recollect, but they can also be they key to your locked door.  Which memory will you use?

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favourite childhood memories always include paper & pens and lots of reading. I shouldn't be shocked that I enjoy writing and people ask for my help with editing and/or rewording. I still read lots.

    I do have one pesky high school memory that has crept back into mind as of late. I'm trying to figure out exactly what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete